5 Sitcoms to Binge-watch ASAP


Welcome back ;)
I have been wanting to start this blog series since I have started my blog years ago but I hesitated every single time thinking it won’t be interesting enough or just straight up lame, but you know what: This is one of my favorite topics to discuss and it’s about time I share my favorite tv shows to binge-watch here on the blog.If you’re not familiar with the term binge watching,it’s basically watching several episodes,a season or more in one setting and for some, they might hate the side effects it generate afterwards but I just absolutely love getting sucked in a different world with amazing characters and plots for a while and I am sure I am not the only one and this post is for you.

So this blog series will be themed in sense that everytime I’ll be suggesting 5 tv shows that belongs to a certain category,they might be shows that you are already familiar with or shows you’ve never heared of.Either way,I hope you will enjoy it.

To kick off these series,I’ll be mentioning 5 of my all time favorite sitcoms that will get you to laugh out loud.These shows are hilarious and have unique characters that don’t fail at delivering the best punchlines.Without overdue, here’s my short list (but not the only list) of the sitcoms you need to binge watch ASAP :

1.The Big Bang Theory :



This first show I have never had to binge watch since I started it from the very beginning and I have watched it every week since and it’s without a doubt my favorite show of all time. It follows at first two introverted roommates scientists : Sheldon, a man with a very brilliant mind but a very quirky behavior that triggers the best laughs in the show and Leonard a smart guy that tries to be outgoing and social despite sheldon’s rude behavior.They have two friends : Howard, an engineer whose attempts to talk to women are so wrong and Rajesh who can barely speak to them.One day,Penny a beautiful waitress and a complete opposite of these scientists, moves in across the hall and their life changes forever. The show is full of sarcasm, awkwardness,geeky and scientific metaphors and just overall awesomeness.You definitely need to start it right away.Go ahead, don’t finish reading this post, you need this show in your life, like NOW.

2.Friends :


A classic and a hilarious sitcom that you need to watch just for the sake of the references you might encouter in pop culture in general.The show follows six friends : Rachel Green, Ross Geller, Monica Geller, Joey Tribbiani, Chandler Bing and Phoebe Buffay who live in New York in the most iconic apartement  and hang out in the most iconic cafe in tv history and encounter daily life and love problems in comedic way.Each character has its quirks and unique traits and I just have to put this out there : Chandler is my favorite ; his sarcasm wins my heart everytime.I think I had you at classic so you better be downloading the first episode by now.

3.The Office :


This show brings me so much happiness that most normal things don’t.It has without a question the most unique sense of humour I have seen and it’s the best thing ever.It’s shot in the same style as a documentary but it’s really a parody and it follows the lives of the manager and the employees of a paper company with a crew following and interviewing them over the daily events that occur within the company.It has so many great and funny characters, you will have a hard time choosing your favorite one and the camera movement on the employees reactions is enough to make you laugh out loud.Not to mention that the pranks in the show are gold.

4.Park and Recreation :


If you love the office or what’s written above got your attention then you love this show too.It’s shot in a smiliar way and in similar concept but with much more brighter tone and a different plot.The show follows Leslie Knope,a deputy director of the park department and its employees on their daily projects within the department.Note that you have to stick through the first season (6 episodes) because it is a little slow at first but then just after that it gets better and better,episode after epsiode until you’ll feel sucked into the world of Leslie Knope.

5.Fresh Prince of Bel-air :


Who would of thought Will Smith can be incredibly hilarious ? He definitely nails this show and yes it’s pretty old as it aired in the 90’s but that was a great era in fashion,music and overall entertainment.Anyhow, the show centers around Will Smith who comes from a tough neighborhood and is sent by his mother to live with his aunt and her family in Bel Air, a very rich and bourgeois world where he clashes with the lifestyle there creating hilarious moments. Bare with the low image quality you might find but trust me you won’t mind cause you’ll be busy laughing.

Lastly,what do these shows have in common ? A great opening theme song you will definitely find yourself dancing to which is always a great bonus.
Happy Bingewatching my friends !
GoldenCurls xx

No comments:

Post a Comment