LEARN SPANISH IN 3 MONTHS : HOW TO PREPARE


Languages are very special to my heart. I have this insane dream of becoming fluent in 6 or more languages. As far as I’m concerned, every language is a different personality you can become, a different way to communicate and a new way to the heart of a new culture.

Moreover, I always found that learning the language on your own is very rewarding and challenging but in a good way, though I never commit to a plan or time table, therefore I give up easily to the busy schedule of school, social life (by which I mean watching TV-shows) and life in general.

I tried to learn Korean this couple of years and I did manage to learn the basic words and phrases and what not but this time I want to leave that aside for another time and tackle a language I wanted to learn since I was a kid and which is going to be easier to learn: SPANISH.

I decided that I would share with you the little experiment I am going to debut on October 1st until December 31st 2016 which means I am giving myself 3 month  to learn Spanish as much as I can and become conversational. I can already hear cynical reactions but I assure you that I am not expecting full results however I am mostly doing this for the joy and fun that this experience will bring me.

To all those who are interested to learn a new language and they’re not necessarily enrolling in a language center, then these blog series might be of an interest to you.

I am going to take you with me on this experiment sharing with you all the updates related to my Spanish learning starting with how I will prepare for it.

So here we go!

1.    Prepare a customized notebook :

It’s easier to write down all the phrases and words you will learn with the translation in a little book and take it around with you everywhere. Whenever you have free time, you can revise them. It will be your personalized language oasis.

2.    Find YouTube Channels and Language Sites :

Nowadays, you can find everything on the internet and being the digital generation that we are, we learn from our computers more than we do from a classroom. I am going to start by learning from channels such as Learn Spanish with SpanishPod1.com, Spanish Butterfly, Fatsbreak Spanish and The Spanish Blog.

3.    Find someone to speak with :

This is an important step in learning a language. Practicing it with someone allows you to exercise your tongue and use what you learn in a conversation. From my side, my uncle and aunt will be helping me as they are fluent in the language and hopefully I’ll find more people along the way.

4.    Listen to music and watch TV-shows :

No matter what anyone can tell you, there’s nothing better like listening to music or watching TV-shows to help you enforce the language you’re learning (I’ve been there, done that). I haven’t found any Spanish shows that I liked yet but I have been definitely listening to Spanish music and I can’t wait to fully immerse myself in it.

5.    Motivation :

Oh! The very thing that can help make this or break it. I know I have to muster a lot of willpower sometimes to keep up with a personal project but this time I am determined to make this happen. I set a time table for myself and some tools to help me keep daily track of this experiment (May the odds be ever in my favor) 

Those were the 5 most important things to get me started on my 3 month self teaching Spanish.


What about you ? Which language you would like to start learning ? Join me 

GoldenCurls xx

No comments:

Post a Comment