Birdman Review


Welcome Back :) 

I started watching this movie with totally different expectations than what it actually delivered.After reading the synopsis,finding out about the cast and checking out the reviews,I really thought the movie will take another direction.If you want to know what I'm talking about,check out the trailer here.



You need to know that this movie is unsual in its story.Like other movies,it doesn't have suspens,story developement or anything of what those "feed me quick enjoyement" type of movies may provide.

Birdman with it's 2 hours feature lenght might be hard to keep watching but these strong elements kept me going all the way and I ended up thinking it's a must watch : 




1.The cinematography : 

This movie was filmed to look like it was shot in one take.I felt that I was watching a play which coincidentally the movie's events revolved around.I fell in love with the mouvement of the camera and how it transitioned from a scene to another.It was perfection in a cinematic form.



2.The background music :

Speaking of transition,I thought it was weird when there was a quiet moment or someone went from a place to another this drum sound would play,everysingle time but the more I watched the more it got addicting .I found that it fitted the movie completely and gave the right tension to the scene.




3.The acting :  

It's no suprise that with a cast like this : Michael Keaton,Zack Galifianakis,Edward Norton,Emma Stone,Naomi Watts....you would expect great acting but that's not exactly what I liked.Every character delivered in some point of the movie a speech or a monologue loaded with emotion and impact and I was impressed by all of them.True that the mouvement of the camera made it soulful but I saw these actors in a different light.




Birdman is a movie that you either will absolutely love or absolutely hate,there's no question about that.But what you have to remember is that this movie is one of the most original,cinematic and brilliantly structured movies out there and it's worth checking out.



GoldenCurls xx



Not to mention,it won several awards including the Academy Awards for best picture of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment