Review : The 100





Welcome back :) 

Last week was off for me and I couldn't have been more thrilled to have some vacation and time off school.What did I do in this very precious time you may (or may not) ask ? Well,I binge-watched a couple of tv shows including two seasons of the 100. Yes,I win at a life.



The series is set 97 years after a nuclear war wiped out almost all life on Earth.The only people who survived it are the inhabitants of 12 international space stations that were in orbit at the time. Three generations have been born in space, the survivors now number 4,000, and resources are running out on their dying "Ark" so they secretly exile a group of 100 juvenile prisoners to the Earth's surface to test whether it's habitable or not.They land successfully on earth and discover not all humanity was wiped out,we then gradually learn about the Grounders,the reapers and the Mountain Men. Check out the trailer here






What did I think ?



At first,I thought the show started very slow on action,actually it was slow on everything.Judging from the plot summary,I thought this show will be more intense but nonetheless I didn't give up as I found it entertaining of some sort.Having said that and a few episodes later,this show couldn't be more awesome.The finale of the first season blew my mind literally and from there it just kept getting better and better,I was on the edge of my seat at all times.



The storyline developped to become strong and thrilling,the acting got a whole lot better as the characters started to show more maturity and desire to do anything to survive,the effects and action became intense and the twists became more and more frequent.It's a treat for all sc-fi and post-apocalyptic fans.




Ignore all of what you might have heard about this show,if you like shows like The Walking Dead or Lost and you're in the mood to binge-watch a show then give the 100 a try.It just concluded its second season and it set to premiere the third one next fall.



GoldenCurls xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment